March 04, 2016

Friday Finds No. 2

Happy first Friday of March! Can anyone else believe how fast this year is already flying by!? It is crazy to me, but I can't complain because it means being one step closer to being done with nursing school (!!!). 

With that being said, I've been super busy recently with midterms coming up next week, and I haven't been able to put out as much content as I would like to. I am going to try to step it up a little bit once midterms are over and things settle down a bit. 

In the mean time, thank you all for reading what I do post! It means the world to me.  

Cheers to a wonderful weekend! 

Image

How a Password Changed One Mans Life // I read this article and all I could think was "wow". It amazed me how something as simple as a change in a password could have such a profound impact on one man's life. I have always been a strong believer in the power of positive thinking, and I think this is just another example to prove that a change in attitude for the better can really make a world of difference. I think everyone at some point in their life has faced a rough patch where it felt as though everything was going wrong, and it is really easy to let that bring you down. We are all human, and that is a natural response, however how you choose to handle it and choose to let it affect you is what matters. And yes, I say choose, because I one hundred percent believe that the choice is yours. No matter how hard it may be, choose to be positive. 

Parabo Press // Guys. I cannot get over how excited I am that I came across this app! Ever since I was a kid, I have always loved taking pictures. I can absolutely thank my mother for that because growing up my mom was always the one taking pictures at any opportunity she had. I will admit that it used to drive me nuts, but I could not be more appreciative now because it is so fun to have so many wonderful memories caught on camera. I think that is one of the reasons why I take as many pictures as I do. I hope that in the future I will be able to look back and smile at all the good times I captured. Although I am great at snapping the pics, I do not keep up with printing them out, which is something I think is important. However, thanks to parabo press, I can now easily choose the pictures I want to print right on my phone, and have them delivered right to me! What could be better? I currently have an order in the mail and on the way, and I cannot wait to see how they turned out. I most certainly will keep you posted! 

Rule Yourself // Of course the gymnast in me loves everything about this video. Although I never got to the level of expertise that these girls are at, watching this video still brings me right back. The USA women’s gymnastics team is amazing. These girls seriously rock. I have so much respect for the time and effort that they put into a sport that is the furthest thing from easy. I was thrilled to see them in a video that highlighted their hard work and dedication, and that also had such a great message behind it. I think this is such an inspirational video for anyone, not just athletes. You most certainly don’t have to be training for Rio 2016 to rule yourself

Pain to Power // Maxie does it again with this one. She is truly amazing. I have been following her blog for a few years now, and I have yet to be disappointed. Although I have never met her, Maxie is one of the most inspirational people I have come across. Her outlook on life, positive attitude, honesty, and complete fearlessness are qualities I wholeheartedly admire. If I am having a bad day or a rough time with something, I always know that I can find comfort in her words and advice. If you are ever looking for some inspiration, I promise you that you will find it in her words of wisdom. 

xo. G

No comments:

Post a Comment