August 10, 2016

Watch Hill, R.I.






Watch Hill, located in the quintessential New England town of Westerly, Rhode Island, is the idyllic destination for anyone looking for a beach getaway. It has the upscale feels of an affluent seaside village, but still maintains just the right amount of coastal charm. For as long as I can remember, Watch Hill has been my go to seaside escape, and it remains one of my favorite beaches on the east coast. A day spent at Watch Hill makes my heart very happy, and I do my best to get there as much as I can during the summer months.

After spending the day at Watch Hill's beautiful East Beach this past weekend, I thought I would share my love for WH with all of you. What I love so much, and what I go to Watch Hill for is of course the beach, but there is also so much more to explore - you can really make a day (or long weekend) out of it! I typically love to get on the beach early to secure a spot and soak up the morning sunshine before heading into town for lunch. The wonderful thing about Watch Hill is everything is in close proximity to each other, so it is a quick walk from the beach to the shops and restaurants. As I've mentioned before, one of my favorite things in entire world is eating a great sandwich on the beach, and Watch Hill does not disappoint in the sandwich department. My absolute favorite is the #1 from Ten Sandwiches - you have to try it, so good!

Since I am not able to get to Watch Hill as much as I would ideally like, I try to spend as much time on the beach when I do go. It is just so hard to leave an idyllic spot with such beautiful views. I could literally stay forever. I tend to stay on the beach until late afternoon before packing up and heading back into town for some shopping. The shops are exactly what you would imagine them being in a seaside town. They are the perfect mix of apparel & home interior boutiques, and gift shops all with a coastal feel. I definitely recommend checking them out! The last thing I love to do before heading back to Connecticut is taking a stroll to admire the beautiful summer homes that line the streets. They are absolutely to die for, and I would take any one of them in a heartbeat! You can't miss The Ocean House, a grand, beautiful hotel with views overlooking the ocean, that has become an iconic New England resort. It is on my 101 in 1001 list, and it is where I dream of someday getting married.

Before you take a trip to Watch Hill take a look at some of my favorite spots that I listed below. I promise you that a trip to WH will not disappoint, and it is sure to quickly become a favorite. I hope you love Watch Hill as much as I do. Enjoy!

BEACHES 

FOOD

SHOPPING

WHERE TO STAY

xo. G

No comments:

Post a Comment