September 24, 2016

Germany Update!



If I'm being honest, I contemplated not doing an update on my visit to Germany just because I wasn't even there twenty four hours. However, I promised an update from every place I've been on this trip, so to honor that promise here is a (brief) update on Germany! 

Germany was our next stop following Amsterdam before we got to Switzerland, and although our stay was short, I'm still grateful to have been! On our way to the hostel we stopped in Germany's Black Forest, which, for those of you that don't know, was the inspiration for many of the Grimm brother fairy tales such as 'Hansel & Gretel'. It was absolutely incredible to see how dense of a forest is really was. There were evergreen trees for as far as the eye could see - it really was quite the sight! The area we stopped at in the forest had a few shops, one of which was an authentic German Black Forest cuckoo clock factory, where we got a brief history of cuckoo clock and how they have progressed over the years. After having a quick lunch and exploring some more shops, we got back on the bus to head to Frankfurt. 

By the time we arrived to Frankfurt, it was just about dinner time, so we settled into the hostel before heading into downtown Frankfurt to grab something to eat and explore. To my surprise, downtown Frankfurt was very modern and reminded me of cities back home in the states. We ate dinner at a traditional German restaurant before heading down to check out the river that runs through the city. We found a cute place on the water to grab a drink and sat outside while enjoying a glass of wine (beer next time, oops!). It was a lovely way to spend the evening relaxing after having just been busy in three major cities! Although I have been to Germany two times in my life, I'm still not convinced I got the full experience, so I just might have to go back at some point! 

xo. G



No comments:

Post a Comment